Looking for Medical School Scholarship Programs
Enrolling in a medical school program can sometimes be an uphill battle, not only because of the requirements but also because of high cost of tuition. That is why for those who want to enroll in a medical school or college they have to compete with many others for scholarship awards for financial aid and educational expense relief. There are many financial aid sources which you could find to help your education expense especially for minority students. We will give you several examples about medical school Scholarship programs.
What Is The List Of Medical School Scholarship Programs Which You Could Apply For As Financial Aid?
- Medical school Scholarships based on Grade Point Average or merit: There is a lot of medical school Scholarships that are based on merit and you need to have high Grade Point Average to have a chance of receiving scholarship awards like this. You also could try to look for some scholarship program based on MCAT which refers to the Medical College Admissions Test. When you apply for scholarship programs which are based on merit you should make sure you read the detailed information about the requirements since every scholarship programs have different requirements. In addition, there are two types of scholarships which are based on merit. The first is a full scholarship and from it you will receive money as an award for you education tuition plus living costs. The second is a scholarship award for education tuition only and not for living costs and there is even a scholarship award for half education tuition only.
- Medical School Scholarships from the American Medical Association or AMA: Other sources for medical scholarships come from the AMA which refers to the Medical School Scholarships. Each year the American Medical Association offers a financial aid program to several medical education schools in the amount of ten thousand dollars. The medical scholarship from the American Medical Association also offers a medical school scholarships program for minority students who can show their achievements or accomplishments. Moreover, this foundation is also for those who have a goal to enter the psychiatry field.
- Medical School Scholarships from the United Negro College Fund: This is for African-American Students who want to enroll in a medical school or medical college. To know more about the medical scholarship program from the United Negro College Fund, you can visit the official website and then search for the medical scholarship program on it. From the United Negro College Fund Website you can also find a list about other medical school scholarships that are offered.
- Medical School Scholarships from the National Medical Fellowships: You can find medical school scholarship programs by search for them on National Medical Fellowships website. The National Medical Fellowships offers various medial scholarship programs, which are based on merit, financial need, and experience.
- Medical School Scholarships from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid: You could try to find a scholarship for medical school through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA. Even though the scholarship from Free Application for Federal Student Aid is not designed only for medical school scholarships but if you apply for Free Application for Federal Student Aid, you may have a chance of getting a scholarship for your medical education tuition.
We hope our information about the medical school scholarship programs helps you a lot, Good Luck with your with your future in the medical field!
Gallery of Looking for Medical School Scholarship Programs
There are 15 high resolution pics again to check, so Don’t miss to view all Inspiring images in Looking for Medical School Scholarship Programs article galleries for your next inspiration by clicking the thumbnail below.
Rate this Looking for Medical School Scholarship Programs
There are 192 readers and enthusiasts have rated this Looking for Medical School Scholarship Programs which is a part of Scholarship News.