Harry S. Truman Scholarship
If you are a student who always works to create a difference in the world by doing things in your community, you might be able to get a scholarship that appreciates all of the things you do.
What is the Harry S. Truman Scholarship?
The Harry S. Truman Scholarship is named after the thirty-third president of the United States of America as a scholarship given by the government towards the community to commemorate the former president.
This Harry S. Truman Scholarship was made to appreciate students that study public service. Truman often said that it is important to promote young leaders and creating a program that would be able to encourage the responsibility for political activism and citizenship.
How we could get the Harry S. Truman Scholarship?
Unfortunately the Harry S. Truman Scholarship is not open for application because the candidate must be nominated by a certain representative that spreads across many faculties in America.
Although you must be nominated, you could at least prepare yourself for the eligibility requirements for this scholarship so you could be nominated by a representative in your faculty. It should be easy to make a case to your representative when they find that you have the eligibility requirements that are needed for this scholarship.
The nomination of this Harry S. Truman Scholarship is due on the first Tuesday in the month of February by before midnight.
The Candidate of Harry S. Truman Scholarship
There are many things that you should have to be the candidate for this scholarship so the representative could nominate you such as:
- You should be studying one of the majors that is related to public service such as public health, public administration, education, social work, international affairs and public policy to get the Harry S. Truman scholarship.
- You are a fulltime student that is pursuing your bachelor degree and currently standing in your junior year of college with excellence grades and coursework in a first-rate graduate institution.
- You are a United States of America citizen. If you are living in the Pacific Islands, Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico, and you are have United States of America Nationality, then you are also eligible for this scholarship. However the resident alien that holds green card is not eligible for this scholarship unless they are in the process of becoming a United States of America citizen and will be a citizen before the Harry S. Truman scholarship due date at the end of May of each term.
- You might be interested to work for the government, non-profit company or Advocacy Company.
- You have participate in two or more things that are related to public service such as government or campus based activities, outside campus community service, internship in government, board or commission, ROTC, and nonpolitical activities.
- You have been involved in any activities or organizations that are related to your career interest in the future after you graduate with the help from Harry S. Truman Scholarship.
- You have the leadership potential required for the Harry S. Truman Scholarship.
- You have the knowledge about general things that have happened in the country and have habits of reading the news and consistently staying informed of national and international events.
Gallery of Harry S. Truman Scholarship
There are 4 high resolution photographs again to check, so Don’t miss to view all Amusing images in Harry S. Truman Scholarship article galleries for your next inspiration by clicking the thumbnail below.
Rate this Harry S. Truman Scholarship
There are 114 readers and enthusiasts have rated this Harry S. Truman Scholarship which is a part of Scholarship News.