The application of Bill Gates Scholarship 2017 is available online now. The GMS or Gates Millennium Scholars select 1,000 talented students of a minority background to receive a scholarship that can be used at any university or college of their choice. This program has been held every year by the GMS. Through its leadership program, it provides scholars with professional and personal development along with academic support for their next career in college.
Bill Gates Scholarship 2017 Application
The program itself was funded from the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation by giving over a $1 billion grant. More than 16,000 students have been funded by this foundation for their education, since 1999. To pay their fees, tuition, housing and books, the GMS foundation has awarding them over $14 million.
The aim of the program is to reduce the barriers of financial in education especially for African-American, Asian Pacific Islander American, American Indian/Alaska and also Hispanic American students. Students must demonstrate high leadership and academic abilities and also have financial need. Another aim is to develop leaders in the future especially for America by facilitating them with the completion of a bachelor’s degree, master’s and also doctoral degrees.
Each individual who’ve been selected will receive funds based on their financial need for the amount. It is also based on their tuition’s cost, books, fees and housing. In the academic year of 2000-2010, the average award of the scholarship was $11,000 for each student.
There Are Three Parts Of The Process Of The Application For Bill Gates Scholarship 2017:
- Student should submit and complete the student application or Nominee Personal Form and it must contain of all information that is necessary.
- For a nominator form, this must be submitted and completed by an educator such as a principal, guidance counselor, teacher, or representative higher education
- For recommenders Form, it must be submitted and completed by an adult who’s quite or really familiar with community service of the student and the activities of leadership like leader of community or supervisor at your work.
To avoid the applicant to get confused, those three forms are linked and can be used by the applicants with an identification number.
Bill Gates Scholarship 2017 Application: Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants should have minimum GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0
- Applicants should demonstrate their skill in leadership and also their financial need significantly
- Applicants must be an African-American, American Indian, Hispanic American, Asian Pacific Islander American Alaska Native.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States, resident legal or national permanent
- Applicants must have earned a GED
- Applicants must meet the standards’ eligibility of the Federal Pell Grant
- Applicants must have submitted three essential forms, which are form of Nominee personal Information, form of Nominator and also form of recommenders
The program of GMS (Bill Gates Scholarship 2017) will not accept the applications that are sent by mail or fax because it needs a receipt signature. Applicants must submit the application as soon as possible due to its large number of applicants. Good Luck.
Student Scholarships Information:bill gates scholarship application 2017 - bill gates scholarship - gates application - applicaton form for the bill gates scholarship - Gates family archives - bill gates scholarship application - bill gates foundation scholarship 2017 - bill gates application - apply for gates millennium scholarship 2017 - gates scholarship application process 2017 -
Gallery of Bill Gates Scholarship 2017 Application
There are 9 high resolution images again to check, so Don’t miss to view all Astonishing images in Bill Gates Scholarship 2017 Application article galleries for your next inspiration by clicking the thumbnail below.
Rate this Bill Gates Scholarship 2017 Application
There are 111 readers and enthusiasts have rated this Bill Gates Scholarship 2017 Application which is a part of Scholarship News.