The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation
The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation offers a variety of scholarship opportunities to graduates of Santa Barbara County high schools or who have received GEDs from Santa Barbara County schools. Based out of Santa Barbara, California, the Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation was created in 1928 by Max Fleischmann and other leaders in Santa Barbara county to improve the lives of residents in the county. The primary goal of the Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation is to affect change in the county by way of county dollars. The support of the county has enabled the Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation to amass and maintain assets of over $280 million.
The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation reaches a wide range of students through its many scholarship programs such as:
- The Jake Gimbel Graduate Scholarship for any two-year California graduate program;
- The David E. Maccianti Memorial Scholarship for students studying law enforcement
- The John and Peggy Maximus Fund for Foster Care Students providing scholarships for traditional college or technical training
- The Norma and Norman Scholarship Fund for students of civil engineering
- The Rollo P. Bourbon M.D. Scholarship, the Paul and Pauline Riparetti Scholarship, and the Tri-Counties Blood Bank Scholarship for medical students
To apply For All Scholarships And Grants, Students Must:
- be a U.S. citizenship or residency (Green Card)
- Have attended Santa Barbara public schools for at least 4 years between grades 7-12
- Plan to attend an approved college or medical graduate program as a full-time student
- Submit an essay relevant to that scholarship
- have met a qualifying grade point average
The Deadline For Applying Is January 31, 2014 For The Fall 2014 Semester
In addition to college scholarships, the foundation provides grants to Santa Barbara County high school seniors who excel in community service and female high school seniors who need financial assistance to visit out of state colleges to aid in making their college decisions.
The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation works tirelessly to help ensure that all Santa Barbara high school students have a fair chance to enrich their lives through education. Many of the current board and staff are long time residents of the county and have a vested interest in the success of the foundation and the recipients of the scholarships and grants.
All scholarship requirement information can be accessed on-line and/or through high school counselors in Santa Barbara County. Most of the scholarships and grants begin the application process early in the school year. All qualifying high school seniors are urged to start their applications soon after school begins to ensure meeting the requirements. The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation also offers interest-free loans to qualifying students providing financial opportunities to an even larger number of students.
Financial assistance is available to all Santa Barbara County students. Any qualifying student interested in applying for the Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation can find more information at:
- (805) 687-6065
Student Scholarships Information:Santa Barbara Mission timeline -
Gallery of The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation
There are 15 high resolution pictures again to check, so Don’t miss to check out all Interesting images in The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation article galleries for your next inspiration by clicking the thumbnail below.
Rate this The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation
There are 72 readers and enthusiasts have rated this The Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation which is a part of Scholarship News.