Zell Miller Scholarship For Georgia Residents
The Zell Miller’s scholarship is available to Georgia’s residents . The scholarship program is fully administered by Georgia Student Finance Commission. It is a scholarship that provides monetary assistance to meritorious students attending a HOPE-eligible college in Georgia. The scholarship receives funding from Georgia Lottery for Education.
The Zell Miller Scholarship is a purely a merit-based program with academic eligibility requirements and some grade point average. The purpose of this scholarship program is to encourage the academic achievements of the high school students of Georgia and all those who seek degrees from various postsecondary institutions located in the state of Georgia.
* Student should be a US citizen, or an eligible non-citizen that meets the requirements to be classified as Georgia’s resident according to the in-state tuition policy of University System of Georgia.
* Graduation from any eligible high school in 2011 and beyond. Should also have 1200 on math and 3.7 HOPE GPA or a 26 composite on the ACT or the Salutatorian from any eligible high school or Reading portions of the SAT or graduate as the Valedictorian AND should have at least 3.2 HOPE GPA at the thirty semester hour check-point in Georgia college.
First entered college in 2007 or beyond:
* Graduation from any eligible high school in 2011 and beyond. Should also have 1200 on math and 3.7 HOPE GPA or a 26 composite on the ACT or the Salutatorian from any eligible high school or Reading portions of the SAT or graduate as the Valedictorian AND should have had at least a 3.2 post secondary HOPE GPA at any recent check-point.
* Should not owe a refund or be in default on a state or federal financial aid program.
* Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
The Zell Miller Scholarship award may vary depending upon the type of institution you’re enrolling and specific hours of enrollment.
Students attending private universities or colleges receive a scholarship amount up to a maximum of 12 hours, based on their full-time or half-time enrollment status.
Students attending public universities and colleges will get current academic year’s standard undergraduate tuition, up to a maximum of 15 hours, for a specific number of hours, whether part time or full time.
Any college degree-seeking student is not eligible for Zell Miller Scholarship if the student has:
* Attempted 190 quarter (127 semester hours) regardless of whether or not the Zell Miller Scholarship funds were received while attempting the hours.
* Received payments from any combination of HOPE Grant, HOPE Scholarship, or Zell Miller Scholarship.
* Earned a four-year degree, regardless of whether Zell Miller Scholarship funds were received while earning the degree.
It’s easy to apply for Zell Miller Scholarship, but you should always check with the college you’re planning to attend to make sure you complete all applications they require. You have three options when applying for the scholarship.
• GSFAPPS (electronic application)
• Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• GSFAPPS (paper application).
Student Scholarships Information:georgia representative scholarship -
Gallery of Zell Miller Scholarship For Georgia Residents
There are 9 high resolution pics again to check, so Don’t miss to check out all Exciting images in Zell Miller Scholarship For Georgia Residents article galleries for your next inspiration by clicking the thumbnail below.
Rate this Zell Miller Scholarship For Georgia Residents
There are 93 readers and enthusiasts have rated this Zell Miller Scholarship For Georgia Residents which is a part of State Scholarships.