Adversity Scholarships: Earning Scholarships Is Money In The Bank.
Life can be full of obstacles for all those who’ve to overcome in order to succeed in their life. Adversity can also cause hardships to college and high school students. The most common forms of adversity are personal tragedies, financial struggles or some circumstances that might interfere with their educational goals. There are many adversity scholarships available to help students overcome their adversity to finally earn their college degree. Let’s have a close look at some adversity scholarships.
Some Adversity Scholarships
There are several adversity scholarships available to college students with disabilities ranging from $500-$25,000 every year. Some of these disabilities are speech impairments, hearing impairments, asthma, vision impairments, physical disabilities, cancer, learning disorders, autism, and many more. Some of the adversity scholarships available are:
* The American Association of Health and Disability scholarship is meant for students with disability interested in working in the field of disability or health studies.
* ASCLA Century Scholarship is best for people with any disability that want to pursue career as a librarian or media specialist.
* INCIGHT offers a scholarship of up to $750 a year for nationwide students with disabilities. Students will have to write essays about their strength, creativity and self determination.
* AmeriGlide Achiever Scholarship is available to disabled wheelchair students. This scholarship offers help for supplies and books and is awarded to students on yearly basis.
* Microsoft scholarship is available to students with disabilities. Microsoft pays tuition for disabled students who want to pursue career in computer engineering or computer science.
* The FisCA (Financial Service Centers of America) Scholarship is for all those students who’ve to overcome some serious adversity. Students will have to submit an 1000 word essay about their adversity and how they’ve worked to overcome this situation. The scholarship amount will vary and the exact amount is determined by a committee.
* Horatio Alger Association Scholarships is meant to help students facing challenging situations to attend the college. This scholarship is provided to students who show preservation and determination in overcoming obstacles. The details about this adversity scholarship are available on the association website.
* Patricia M. McNamara Memorial Scholarship is provided to students who overcome obstacles in their lives. This scholarship was set up in the memory of Patricia M. McNamara, who overcame serious obstacles in her life. You can get more information about this scholarship from the Patricia M. McNamara Memorial website.
* Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship is specifically available for financial adversity. You are eligible for this scholarship if you live near a Simon shopping center and are facing financial hardships. This scholarship might request documents to verify your financial hardship.
* Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education is a scholarship offered to students who’ve lost their parent or guardian. Life can be challenging enough, but losing a guardian or parent makes it even more challenging. This foundation wants to help those grieving students achieve their career goals by attending college.
* Discovery Financial Scholarship is available to all students who have faced various challenges and maintain at least a 2.70 GPA. Many scholarships are awarded every year to the applicants.
Student Scholarships Information:adversity scholarship - adversity scholarships - scholarships for overcoming adversity - scholarships for overcoming obstacles from attorney -
Gallery of Adversity Scholarships
There are 9 high resolution pics again to check, so Do not miss to check out all Awesome images in Adversity Scholarships article galleries for your next inspiration by clicking the thumbnail below.
Rate this Adversity Scholarships
There are 234 readers and enthusiasts have rated this Adversity Scholarships which is a part of Scholarship News.